For questions concerning adoption, or to request an adoption application, please contact Katrina via email, MATTS Adoptions and include your city and state when e-mailing, or write to her at:
P.O. Box 22321
Baltimore, MD 21203-4321
To Surrender a Turtle or Tortoise:
Please call 301-785-3390 or e-mail MATTS Adoptions
We can't take all turtles all the time, but e-mail or call to see if we have room. We can also assist you with better care for your Turtle or Tortoise if you have concerns or plans to surrender because of this.
Currently, we're at capacity with red-eared sliders. We just CANNOT take any more sliders right now. If you absolutely need to place your slider, contact your local animal control facility or humane society/SPCA or contact your vet for humane euthanasia. It is ILLEGAL to release a pet slider.
The most important information we'll need is:
- the species, if known (red-eared slider turtle, painted turtle, Russian tortoise, ect.)
- the size - measure the top shell straight from the front edge to the back edge.
If you have a picture, that would help as well, as we can get the animal posted on Petfinder ASAP.
Other information that helps:
- Size when purchased or acquired, and where it came from
- How long you've had the turtle
- Your city and state
- How soon do you have to place your pet?
- How is it currently housed? Aquarium size, lighting, food?
- Are there any medical problems?
Other rescue groups can be found at PetFinder (search Turtle or Tortoise) or at anapsid.org